AIH respects the privacy of visitors to our online Site. AIH will only collect personally identifiable data, such as your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address, when it is voluntarily submitted to us at our Web site. On certain Web sites developed by AIH, you may choose to provide health information related to participation in a clinical trial study. This statement discloses the privacy practices of AIH. By using the AIH Web site or sites developed by AIH, the user agrees, without limitation or qualification, to be bound by this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement may be updated from time to time so please check back periodically. AIH and/or the companies we hire and are affiliated with will use this information to comply with your requests for information and to better serve you. We will refer to your information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our products and services. We may use that information to contact you. We are the sole owner of information you voluntarily submit to us.
This privacy statement applies to the collection and use of information by our company on our Web site, but does not apply to the information which you may send to us by other means.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
Personally Identifiable Information (“Personal Information”) is information that can be used to identify or contact you, such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number or similar information. AIH only collects Personal Information that you choose to share with us, such as when (1) contacting us via e-mail or clicking on a “contact” button, (2) requesting information online, or (3) voluntarily submitting information for potential participation in a clinical trial study.
AIH retains the information you provide in a secure database, which is periodically updated and verified. You may request deletion or updates of your own information at any time. Information provided to AIH is accessed by employees performing specific functions necessary to accommodate your request. When personal health information is collected for the purpose of a clinical trial, you must provide consent to have this identifiable information shared with third parties, such as clinical research sites. These parties are bound by confidentiality agreements and privacy regulations.
- Any information you provide to AIH must be true, accurate, current, non-misleading, and consistent and relevant for the purpose for which you are providing the information.
- If you contact AIH via the Site, we will only use your Personal Information contained in your e-mail to respond to your specific inquiry or comments in the e-mail.
- Usage Data
- The Site automatically tracks certain information about your behavior while visiting the Site. The information gathered includes only the URL from which you accessed this Site, and which URL you visit next. We collect and store this aggregate information in order to measure the Site’s performance and improve the Site’s design and functionality. We may also share this aggregate information with third parties to illustrate how the Site is used and for other marketing purposes.
- This AIH Web site also uses information in aggregate form to track the total number of visitors to our site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, and the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers. No personally identifiable information is available in this process. This AIH Web site uses a technology called “cookies.” A cookie is a token that a server gives to your browser when you access a Web site. Cookies are capable of storing many types of data. Cookies help provide additional functionality to the Site or to help us analyze Site usage more accurately. For instance, our server may set a cookie that keeps you from having to enter a password more than once during a visit to our Site. In all cases in which cookies are used, the cookie will not collect personal identifiable information except with notice to you.
- Most web browsers allow the user to deny or accept the cookie feature. However, please note that cookies may be necessary to provide you with certain features (e.g. customized delivery of information) available on AIH Web sites. Further information about cookies can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.htm.
Consent to Processing
By using our Site, or providing information to AIH, you understand and unambiguously consent to the collection, processing, transfer and use of information in the United States and other countries and territories, for the purposes set forth in this Policy. You hereby consent to the collection, processing and disclosure by AIH of your Personal Information as described under this Policy, including but not limited to the transfer of your Personal Information between AIH’s Service Providers, sponsors, affiliates and subsidiaries in accordance with this Policy. For further certainty, any consent relating to a right to transfer information referred to in this paragraph shall be deemed to include your consent to the transfer of the applicable Personal Information to a jurisdiction which may have a different level of privacy protection than that available in your own country.
Enforcement and Dispute Resolution
Disclosure of Aggregate Information
AIH may provide aggregate information to third parties. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of users of our Web site and the activities they conduct while on our Site. Depending on the circumstances, we may or may not charge third parties for the aggregate information. We require parties with whom we share aggregate information to agree that they will not attempt to make this information personally identifiable, such as by combining it with other databases.
Sale or Transfer of Information
In the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, dissolution, or sale or transfer of substantially all of the assets of AIH, registration data and/or Usage Data collected about you from the Site may be sold, assigned, or transferred to the party acquiring all or substantially all of the equity and/or assets of AIH in order to permit the party to continue the operation of the Site, including the restricted areas. Subject to your ability to opt-out as described above, by using this Site and submitting your information to us, you consent to the sale and transfer of your information as described in this paragraph.
AIH takes seriously the security of the information it collects. AIH has therefore implemented technology and security policies and procedures intended to reduce the risk of accidental destruction or loss, or the unauthorized disclosure or access to, such information, reasonably appropriate to the nature of the data concerned.
Our Site is not generally intended for use by children under the age of 18, and AIH does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children in this age group.
AIH may, in its sole discretion, update this Policy at any time and from time to time, by posting the amended Policy on this Site. The amended Policy shall be effective upon posting, and your access to or use of the Site following an update shall be deemed consent to the revised Policy. We urge each visitor to refer back to this page regularly and especially prior to providing or updating any Personal Information. This Policy may not be otherwise amended without the written consent of AIH. This Policy was last updated on April 5, 2021.
Contact, Questions, Comments, Complaints
If you would like to communicate with AIH regarding privacy issues or have questions, comments or complaints about this Policy or Site, please forward such communication clinicaltrials@AIHresearch.com.